Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shooting the Moon






I normally don't talk about this stuff on C&D, but since it's such a large chunk of what's happening now, I will. As some of you might already know, I am diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Colon cancer, and Jenn and I have been dealing with this for years now.

Sometimes when dealing with cancer treatment, it gets to feeling like you are on a perpetual treadmill of chemo and scans to see what the chemo is doing, and that this goes on and on without much real hope of changing things. And this is how things were feeling for us.

But, sometimes hope is where you least think it will be. Today is one of those time when hope becomes apparent. Today we are starting a new, and
I think, better approach to my cancer. Through diet and excercise, new drugs we hadn't tried, and maybe even a touch of surgery, we're going at it differently. We are stepping off the hopeless treadmill, and daring to live.

Shooting at the Moon, if you will.

12 comments:

  1. Great! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often thought about how your treatment was going, Steve, and I'm glad to see that you're on a new, hopeful path. Stay strong and keep up the good fight. I'm sure I speak for many when I say we're all behind you and wish you the best of health for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you and Jenn are doing well. Lavanya and I are thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending my prayers your way. Hope the new treatment and attitude work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even realize you had cancer, Steve. I hope the new treatment works well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will keep you in my prayers!! I didn't know you had cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, dude. Good luck and continued positivity going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve, my wife and I will keep you in our prayers. Stay tough and stay positive! Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was treated for metastatic stage 4 colon cancer for two years. Multiple surgeries, chemotherapies, and alternative treatments. When I catalog it all it's actually bewildering. I'm now 2.5 years clear. There was a point where I almost lost hope, but I can honestly say that hope is what saved my life. And those experiences—the worst days of my life—made me who I am now.

    I wish you the very best. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to everyone for their support! Booberry, great to hear you're still clear! Awesome! Our hope had definitely been renewed here, and I plan on being around for a long time!

    ReplyDelete